Following the end of World War II, the soldiers returned home and began to start a new life. In many cases this included education, getting a job, marriage and children. The sudden growth of families and children after the war years is called the Baby Boom. For Christian denominations, including the Episcopal Church, this was a time of the rapid planting of new congregations with the need to build and expand church buildings to keep up with the ever growing church membership during the 1950s and 1960s. It is into this world that Holy Trinity Episcopal Church was birthed in 1947-1948.
Initially the young Holy Trinity Episcopal Church met in various rented venues; however, in 1948 it moved to a house on Oak Street gifted by Mrs. Stella Prejean. The growing Holy Trinity soon outgrew even this house-church.
In 1955, Holy Trinity purchased and broke ground on land on Farm to Market 365 on the edge of town. In 1956 this new mission building was dedicated. This original portion of the Nall Street/FM 365 site is now the Holy Trinity Parish Hall, kitchen, chapel, table storage and small restrooms. In 1955 it was a multi-use worship and fellowship building. Marriages and births, however, soon forced the parishioners to expand by adding Sunday School rooms in 1959. These two connected buildings served Holy Trinity for 15 years.
In 1985, the parish realized it had outgrown its existing building. Work began on a new worship space which would allow the older worship space to be used entirely as a parish hall. The "new" worship building is the current church without the Nall-facing extension and the sacristy. It was a square nave with the altar and choir in the east corner and the pews were rounded facing this corner.
In 1998. the current sacristy was added to the nave and the Nall-facing wall was extended out to allow a re-alignment from a corner facing altar to a center facing altar.
REGULAR SERVICE TIMES:
SUNDAYS 8:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist-no music 10:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist-with music 10:30 a.m. Children's Church
WEDNESDAYS 12:00 noon Holy Eucharist with Prayers for Healing
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church 2425 Nall Street (TX 365) Port Neches, Texas 77651-4703 Phone 409-722-6238 email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.htec-pn.org